The following write up has to be updated in About UASB link
1899 : Her Excellency Maharani Kempa Nanjammanni Vani Vilasa Sannidhiyavaru the Regent of Mysore donates 30 acres of land for Experimental Agricultural Station at Hebbal and appoints Dr Lehmann, German Scientist to initiate research on soil crop response with Laboratory in the Directorate of Agriculture.
1906 : Dr Leslie Coleman, Canadian Entomologist and Mycologist succeeds Dr Lehmann and served with missionary zeal for 25 years. Station gets 202 acres with 30 acres of wetland, receiving rainfall of 808 mm.
1913 : Sir M Vishveshwaraiah, the then Diwan of Mysore (1912-1919) plays key role to establish Mysore Agriculture residential School at Hebbal in 1913 and appoints Dr Leslie Coleman, the first Director of Agriculture, Mysore to also head the School to offer Licentiate in Agriculture (LAG) for 15 students a year.
1946 : Mr MA Srinivasan, Minister of Agriculture, took initiative to establish Agriculture College, Hebbal, for offering four year professional degree program in Agriculture affiliated to the University of Mysore.
1956 : Sri Kengal Hanumanthaiah, the Chief Minister, decided to construct a new building for Agriculture College, Foundation Stone laid on 25/Jan/1956.
1961 : GOI sets up Agricultural University Committee headed by Dr Ralph Cummings of Rockefeller Foundation which visits Hebbal Bangalore in June 1961 and submits favorable report for formation of Agricultural University at Hebbal.
1963 : The Government of Mysore headed by Sri S Nijalingappa, CM, in April 1963 decides to establish UAS along the lines of Land Grant College system of USA and passes the University of Agricultural Sciences Bill (Act No. 22) which receives assent of the President of India on 25th May 1963 to become the Law, and grants 1300 acres to Gandhi Krishi Vigjana Kendra Campus.
1964 : Government appoints Dr KC Naik, MSc, Ph.D (Bristol) as the first Vice Chancellor on 12th June 1964. The UAS inaugurated by Dr Zakir Hussain, the Vice President of India on 21st Aug 1964 in the presence of Mr Chester Bowles, US Ambassador to India and Sri S Nijalingappa, the CM.
1969 : Smt Indira Gandhi, the Prime Minister, inaugurates GKVK campus on the 12th July